Summary of Qualifications
- Web development specializing in LAMP solutions for highly trafficked sites.
- Designing and maintaining a high performance web architecture.
- Building web analytics solutions on highly trafficked sites.
- Excellent written and oral business communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and leadership skills.
Director of Engineering, Thismoment
San Francisco, CA, September 10 - Present
- Linux / Apache / MySQL / PHP / HTML / CSS / JS / JQUERY / SOA / REST
- One of the first members of the company comprised of former colleagues from the original Yahoo! Brickhouse Team.
- Envisioned and launched new company growth in third party development with a suite of products to facilitate third party development ( API platform, playground, and documentation wiki ) .
- Leading and building an extremely smart and scalable team of engineers for Thismoment's Developer Platform.
- Facilitate development with third party developers and clients from beginning of development to launch.
- Responsible for building and architecting the core product of @thisMoments business.
- Architected the API platform for third party development.
- Pioneering Thismoment Preferred Developer Network to evangelize use of the Developer Platform.
Architect, Nokia Research and Development
Mountain View, CA, August 09 - September 10
- Linux / Apache / MySQL / PHP / HTML / CSS / JS / AJAX / YUI / SOA / REST
- Responsible for concepting and creating innovative web applications, and overseeing web engineering decisions, to inspire and promote Nokia's Web Run Time product.
- Architected, designed, and developed from concept to launch an internal (soon to be external) web application store for Nokia Phone Widgets.
- Proof of concepted, architected, and developing a web application for non developers to build phone applications through a web interface.
Head of Creative Technology, 72andSunny
Los Angeles, CA, February 09 - August 09
- Linux / Apache / MySQL / PHP / JSP / JAVA / RUBY / RAILS / HTML / CSS / JS / AJAX / YUI / SOA / REST
- Lead and built 72andSunny's first Creative Technology division.
- Responsible for proof of concepting brave new ideas for clients, overseeing engineering decisions, and putting ideas to life.
- Interviewed, hired, and built 72andSunny's creative engineering team
- Supervised frontend and backend developers.
- Developed and executed digital campaigns, websites, microsites, social applications, etc.
- Educated and inspired colleagues on interactive trends, functions, and capabilities - how ideas can be brought to life on the web.
- Developed and designed from concept to launch high traffic websites including (2ksports, Carls Jr., Hardees, Eonline, etc).
- Responsible for infrastructure engineering and architecture.
- Developed a small intranet and internal tools with the goal of inspiring creativity, and building relationships.
Technical Yahoo!, Yahoo! Brickhouse Research and Development
San Francisco, CA, August 07-February 09
- Part of the elite and passionate Yahoo! Brickhouse alumni, Yahoo!'s innovative warehouse location in San Francisco.
- Worked in a small group to develop the Worlds! Platform, which powered sites such as The World of Star Wars (http://www.starwars.yahoo.com).
- Built the Worlds! social networking platform from scratch to launch in a small team ( part of Yahoo!’s Brickhouse ) and under a tight deadline of three months.
- Worked alongside the SVP of Entertainment, VP of Entertainment, VP of Product, VP of Engineering, and an All-Star Engineering team.
- Built a robust, fully featured, and highly flexible Content Management System for the Worlds platform.
- Re-designed back-end architecture (API layer) for (http://www.movies.yahoo.com).
- Solely responsible for implementing a suite of web services for (http://www.tv.yahoo.com) and on-demand web services for one-off tv.yahoo projects (high volume).
- Created and managed package build process for the team; collaborated with operations team for initial hardware setup and ongoing deployment of new releases
- Implemented and launched several platform initiatives. (Ratings and Reviews, Vitality [News feeds] )
- Designed and launched a myriad of innovative and custom applications for the movies team in PHP.
- Single handedly proposed and put into operation techniques to speed up project execution.
- Spearheaded project management improvements by solely re-planning how code dev projects should be lead versus projects that were new and un-measurable. This provided great exposure to upper management and was used as a foundation to manage future projects.
- Web development using PHP, MySQL, SOA, and JS built on Apache in Linux and BSD.
- Position includes back-end and front-end engineering, as well as server configuration and code deployment on high-traffic websites.
- Launched a highly trafficked website under a tight deadline, and upon completion offered services to Y! Entertainment remotely as a back end engineer.
Information Technology Engineer, Qualcomm
San Diego, CA, June 03-August 07
- Designed and implemented web applications on demand in PHP and MySQL.
- Customized and installed Apache and Tomcat Web Servers for high availability under high traffic.
- Implemented, in PHP, various techniques of using existing open source projects, and packaging them for the company’s needs.
- Won the Company's QualStar Award for outstanding performance.
- Web Developer for: Database Administrators Group, Application Services Administrators Group, and Application Services Group.
- Implementation of the Company’s wiki, blogs, and content management systems. Acted as the company’s go-to person for custom web application requirements in PHP.
- Worked closely with the technical lead to integrate the open source frameworks being used with the Company’s enterprise search, identity management and web single sign-on services.
- Responsible for developing the product logos, default themes and skins, and navigation standards for each application.
Intern Web Developer, Science Engineering Associates (SEA)
San Diego, CA, June-July 2003
IT Intern, Virco Mfg. Corporation
Torrance, CA, Summer 2000 and 2001
Selected Website Designs and Entrepreneur Experience
Web Developer Contractor, 72andsunny / E!
Santa Monica, CA, Feb. 09-Present
- Wrote backend for select E! projects in JSP / Java / MySQL / JBOSS. (http://www.eonline.com/on/shows/chelsea)
Backend / Frontend Developer, My Chances, LLC
San Francisco, CA, Mar. 09-Sept. 09
- Backend developer in Linux / Apache / MySQL / PHP. (http://www.mychances.net)
Web Developer, Sri Lanka Rebuild
San Diego, CA, Jan. 05-Jun. 06
- Designed and implemented pro bono Sri Lanka Rebuild’s past website. (www.srilankarebuild.com)
Web Developer, San Diego Granite
San Diego, CA, June 04-May 05
- Designed, implemented, and maintained San Diego Granite’s past website. (www.sdginc.net)
Web Developer, Long Beach Museum of Fine Arts
Long Beach, CA, June-Sept. 01
- Designed a website for a portion of Long Beach Museum (www.LBMA.org)
Web Developer, Strategic Systems Group
Torrance, CA, Sept. 98-Sept 02
- Responsible for the creation and design of SSG’s website (www.ssgnet.com)
Computer Science and Engineering, Management Science
University of California San Diego Jacobs School of Engineering
La Jolla, CA, December 2006
PHP, Python, Perl, BASH, Smarty,
Java, JSP, Servlets, MVC,
XML, JSON, REST/SOAP Web Services, RSS,
Apache, Tomcat, JBoss,
Memcached, Squid Cache
Performance, (Tableless) CSS, Semantic (X)HTML, Cross-browser,
Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sprites, Final Cut Pro,
Usability, Workflow, SEO, Google Analytics
MySQL 5, SQL Server 2005
Agile / Scrum / Sprint, Bugzilla, Trac, ANT
Mac OSX, Windows, Unix, Linux